Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Watchmen

When I first read Watchmen I had originally done so to have read it before seeing the movie, which was close to coming out at the time. However I ended up finishing the book and never going to see the movie and didn't see the movie until much later when it had come out on DVD. Going back and re-reading it was just as much of an enjoyable experience as it was the first time around. The thing I really feel sets Watchmen apart from a lot of graphic novels is the inclusion of the more text based reading at the end of each chapter plus the whole comic in a comic thing with the pirate story that reflected on the main story of Watchmen. My favorite part of the entire story is at the end when Ozymandias finishes his monologue about his plan and then reveals that he would not have given the heroes the pleasure of the monologue if there were any chance of them stopping his plans. That moment to me is one of those spine tingling moments that really defines an amazing story. I haven't read many of Alan Moore's other works but I did get a glimpse at what is From Hell. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to get all too far into From Hell and had to put it away prematurely. That moment at the end of Watchmen though is one of my favorite moments in any story from any medium ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment