Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Persepolis

I'll admit right out that I didn't get to read all the way through, but I read a decent amount of the first volume. Originally the art style for this one turned me off of wanting to read it, however I eventually put that aside and I was glad I did. I feel like reading Persepolis was way more educational than anything else I read in this class. I felt enlightened on so many subjects about things that happened outside of this country after reading just the earlier parts of Persepolis. Although there were all these wonderful things in the book I found myself getting kind of bored of it pretty fast. It seemed to repeat over itself a lot and got really boring in spots. So much so that I pretty much just put it down in the middle of reading and never got back to it. It was good to see this kind of graphic novel though because it really showed how much a comic can actually teach us without even using really complicated art.

No comments:

Post a Comment