Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Asterio's Polyp

This comic really surprised me. The art style was absolutely wonderful. The little nuances with the way every character spoke in a different font and how Asterio would be represented by geometric forms while his wife was represented by sketchy lines were all wonderful. Much like American Born Chinese this story was told in parallel timelines that interwove themselves together by the end of the book. I feel like as a whole I could call this book an artistic graphic novel experience. There were so many different variations on how different parts of the story were told and all of it seemed very ingenius. I feel as though this is the first comic I've read that really takes advantage of the fact that it is a comic and uses it to play around with the way it tells the story. I found this to be an amazingly enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment